Saturday 22 November 2014

As Brian walked deeper into the caves, I saw...

Belatedly catching up on Brian Cox's Human Universe (I got rather annoyed with the first two, but I'll write about that another time) I came to episode 5

We started in the El Castillo caves of Cantabria, Spain, which I rapidly remembered as one of the oldest cave art sites in the world.  Prof Cox described the caves' usefulness for shelter and safe haven, then took us on.  As he walked into the darker corridors I knew we were going to see bison and other animals on the walls and wonder at the dedication and perhaps belief that had led to their painting.

As Brian walked deeper into the caves, I saw...



The cave art was just round the corner, but what do you see?

I know this is pareidolia, but spooky, don't you think?

UK (mostly) Bluesky starter packs

The person who assembled the list - the internal Bluesky name of the starter pack - the link andywestwood.bsky.social - go.bsky.app/6jFi56t ...