Sunday 4 March 2012

Pain and pleasure

As an aged person I have trouble keeping up with new music, though it is one of my main interests.  So when I pick up on somebody I like, I try to follow their progress.  Some of them go from strength to strength, some hit a plateau, some crash and burn (or - worse - crash and fail even to burn).  Here's a small progress report on some of my pet projects.

Louis Barabbas and the Bedlam Six - beloved singer has been ill and is unable to perform, but the band is touring as well as contributing massively to Manchester music.

Civil Civic - barbarian Aussies who place nice tunes - touring the world and threatening to self-destruct at any moment.

Moulettes - folk, jazz, sod the genre - they play a violin/cello duet then a romp with bassoon bass.  Touring, recording, succeeding.

Help Stamp Out Loneliness - I love to add an extra vocal harmony line.  They play infrequently and admit to drinking too much.

More pleasure than pain, really.

UK (mostly) Bluesky starter packs

The person who assembled the list - the internal Bluesky name of the starter pack - the link andywestwood.bsky.social - go.bsky.app/6jFi56t ...